Thanks to everyone who came along to support a great cause & help raise $1,020 for underprivileged kids.
What a fantastic day of training with lots of laughs!!
You guys ROCK!!!
Above: Group shot!
During this 6-Hour Reality-Based Self-Defence Intensive Training Day, we covered topics such as:
– How to raise your state of awareness with various awareness drills
– Verbal de-escalation and how to talk your way out of a hostile situation
– Defence against unarmed attacks
– Defence against knife-attacks, and other edged weapons or sharps, such as bottles, glasses, syringes
– Defence against multiple attackers, such as muggings, gang attacks
Training included technical skill development, as well as pressure-testing (or stress-testing), where participants applied the skills learnt under pressure.
Scenario-based training (similar to role-playing) was also used to create realistic scenes that participants might find themselves in. This creates a similar psychological and emotional response to a real self-defence situation, which allows participants to test the skills they have learnt under a more realistic, yet safe, training environment.
For more photos from the event, check out our photo album on our Facebook Page (click on image below):
“Fighting for Lives” is a martial arts-based charity that helps street kids and orphanages in Africa & South East Asia.
This event is part of a global “Fighting for Lives” weekend where martial arts schools all over the world will be running martial arts and self-defence events to support the cause.
100% of all proceeds from this event will be donated to “Fighting for Lives”.
For more information on Fighting for Lives, visit: http://www.fightingforlives.com/