Immerse yourself in 12-Hours of Intensive Training on Knife-Fighting Arts and Knife-Defence!
Influenced by the fighting arts of South-East Asia and modern RBSD principles, this Super Seminar is designed for experienced martial artists from any style or discipline to add to their existing skill base, and enhance their knowledge, understanding and proficiency in knife-fighting arts.
This 12-hour Intensive will also include a “pressure-testing” component to challenge yourself to apply the tools you’ve learnt on the day under pressure against non-compliant opponents.
This 12-Hour Knife Super Seminar is the Induction Program for a series of Instructor Development Training Conferences that will be running next year.
All too often as Instructors, we spend more time teaching and helping others grow, and spend increasingly less time training and developing our own skills.
The Instructor Development Training Conferences gives Instructors across all styles & disciplines to continue learning, develop our skills as Instructors, discover new or fresh ways to improve our teaching methods, and network with other like-minded Instructors.
The Instructor Development Training Conferences will run once every 2 months on a weekend (either Sat or Sun morning), starting in February 2011.
Instructor: Robert M. Halaijian
12 Modules in 12 Hours:
1. Introduction To the Knife-Fighting Arts of South East Asia
2. Essential Defenses Against Knife
3. Empty-Hand vs. Knife – How To Deal With A Knife Attack When You Are Unarmed
4. Disarming, Locking & Controlling
5. Knife vs. Knife – The Art of Knife-Fighting
6. Double Dagger – Two Hands, Two Blades
7. Contact-Reflex And Sensitivity Training – How To Improve Your Reflexes In Close-Quarters
8. Ground-Fighting Against An Armed Attacker – How To Deal With A Knife Attack When You’re On The Ground
9. Flexible & Improvised Weapons vs. Knife – How To Deal with A Knife Attack If You Have Everyday Objects At Hand
10. How Knife-Fighting Translates to Empty-Hand Fighting – How Knife-Fighting Improves Your Empty-Hand Combative Skills
11. Multiple Attackers – How To Deal With 2 Or More Armed Attackers
12. Reality-Based Self-Defence (RBSD) – Pressure Testing, Reality-Based Applications, Scenario Replications (How To Apply Your Knife-Fighting Skills In A Real Self-Defence Situation Under Pressure Against Non-Compliant Opponents)
IMPORTANT: If you are an Instructor bringing a group of your students, please contact the A.I.M. Academy on 9077 9028.
Date: Saturday 27 November 2010
Time: 9:30am to 9:30pm (9am Registration)
Location: A.I.M. Academy (Level 1, 199-201 Barkly St, Footscray VIC 3011)
Price: $120 for 12 Hours of Training (why pay thousands to an overseas instructor when you can train in Melbourne for a fraction of the cost!)
Seminars like this are usually split over 2 x 6-hour days, with each day costing anywhere from $300 to $1,000 or more (that’s $600-$2,000+ for 12 hours of training). We want to make this affordable and accessible to as many Black Belts & Instructors as possible, so $120 is very reasonable.
What To Bring: Training Knives (if you have them), Pen & Paper
Minimum age requirement: 18 years
Minimum experience requirement: Black belt or equivalent
Contact us on (03) 9077 9028 if you’re unsure whether you’re eligible to attend this Knife Super Seminar.
Due to the Victorian State Elections, we’re postponing the start time by half-an-hour.
The Knife Super Seminar will run from 9:30am – 9:30pm (Registrations at 9am).
Voting Centres open on Sat 27 Nov from 8am-6pm, so this will give Seminar participants enough time in the morning to vote (should only take 15 mins max to vote).
The closest Voting Centre to the A.I.M. Academy is just up the road, at 298 Barkly St, Gilmore Girls College, Footscray.
Alternatively, there are Early Voting Centres where you can vote from 15 Nov to 26 Nov.
More information on how to vote early: http://www.vec.vic.gov.au/Vote/vote-where.html
To make a booking for you or your group, contact us on (03) 9077 9028.
To confirm your place at this Knife Super Seminar, payments must be made in full by Friday 19 November 2010.
Payments can be made in cash at the A.I.M. Academy, or via direct deposit (internet banking).
Please email us for bank details if paying via direct deposit.