Join us for this MASSIVE 12-Hour Martial Arts Train-a-Thon!
12-Hour Training Days have become a tradition at A.I.M. Academy!
It’s a fantastic opportunity to spend a day immersed in martial arts training with other like-minded people.
Martial arts instructors from various backgrounds often join our training days to take time out for themselves, invest in their own training, and meet & network with other instructors.
It’s a fun day out for everyone! Lots of laughs, and lots of learning!
This 12-Hour Martial Arts Train-a-Thon is suitable for men & women aged 15 yrs and above, and of any fitness level.
No previous experience necessary. All welcome!
*** GENERAL PUBLIC: BUY TICKETS HERE: ***
Here are some of the topics we will be covering at the 12-Hour Martial Arts Train-a-Thon:
Classical Filipino Martial Arts (Eskrima-Kali-Arnis), including:
– Panantukan (Filipino Boxing)
– Pananjakman (Filipino Kicking)
– Single Stick
– Double Stick
– Sword / Machete
– Stick & Dagger (Sword & Dagger)
– Flexible Weapons (such as whip, belt, sarong, jacket)
– Improvised Weapons (everyday objects that can be used to defend yourself)
– Kino Mutai (the art of mauling)
– Layog Dumog (locking, control & restraint)
– Hubad (contact-reflex & touch-sensitivity training)
– Muay Boran (the mother art of Muay Thai)
– Krabi Krabong (traditional Thai weaponry, including sword, double sword, staff, short spear)
– Kerambit (nasty edged weapon from Malaysian & Indonesian Silat, shaped like a tiger’s claw)
– Reality-Based Self-Defence (RBSD) Scenario Training
Special Guest Instructors!!
DATE: Sunday 28 April 2013
TIME: Arrive at 8:30am for Registration. 12-Hour Train-a-Thon runs from 9am – 9pm
INSTRUCTORS: Robert Halaijian & Kacey Chong, plus Special Guest Instructors
VENUE: A.I.M. Academy. Level 1, 199-201 Barkly Street, Footscray VIC 3011
PARKING: Free parking on Sundays, off nearby French & Paisley Streets
WHAT TO WEAR:
– A.I.M. Academy Members – please wear A.I.M. Academy full uniform
– Monash Kickboxing Members – please wear Monash Kickboxing full uniform
– General Public – Comfortable clothing (e.g. t-shirt, shorts or trackpants), or martial arts training uniform
WHAT TO BRING:
– Notepad, pen
– Boxing gloves & mouthguard (if you have them)
– Eskrima training sticks & knives (if you have them)
– Water, snacks and meals (we will be taking frequent breaks throughout the day, and there are also cafes, restaurants & Coles nearby. People have been known to pack an Esky for past events!)
– Change of clothes, including a few changes of t-shirts
EARLY BIRD PRICE (pay before Sun 21 April 2013):
$120 for A.I.M. Academy & Monash Kickboxing Members
$150 for General Public
STANDARD PRICE (pay after Sun 21 April 2013):
$150 for A.I.M. Academy & Monash Kickboxing Members
$180 for General Public
– A.I.M. Academy Members – Make cash payment at A.I.M. Academy Reception
– Monash Kickboxing Members – Make cash payment to Kacey Chong in class
– General Public – Purchase tickets by following this link:
Save $30 off the Standard Ticket by purchasing your Early Bird Ticket by Sun 21 April 2013.
Places are limited, so don’t miss out!
Purchase your tickets to save a place for you & your friends today!